Bug in helm-mini?

Petey

Jul 19, 2015, 8:24:58 AM7/19/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yesterday I reinstalled emacs and helm.

I have helm-mini bound to C-x b.

Here is my problem:

When I fire up emacs I press C-x b and helm-mini shows up.

I see Buffers, Recentf and Create buffer.

Suppose that I under Recentf have these:

/home/user/.emacs.d/init.el
/home/user/some/directory/file.txt

And suppose I want to open init.el. When I press "i" helm jumps to file.txt.

And when I press "n" (just after I pressed "i") then helm jumps to Create buffer and offers me to create af buffer named "in".

Normally (before yesterday) helm would have chosen init.el. Or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Petey

Petey

Jul 19, 2015, 8:37:11 AM7/19/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Update: It seems to me that helm-mini always choose the second file from the top under recentf just after I hit  the first letter key.

Thierry Volpiatto

Jul 19, 2015, 10:26:21 AM7/19/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Petey <pste...@gmail.com> writes:

> Update: It seems to me that helm-mini always choose the second file
> from the top under recentf just after I hit the first letter key.

This should be now fixed, I don't understand the other part of your bug
report though.

--
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:

Petey

Jul 19, 2015, 4:54:47 PM7/19/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for all your help and the quick response and bug fix. Problem solved :-).

In my second message I just tried to elaborate the issue. What I meant was that the problem was also present when there were more than two files under recentf. But everything works perfectly again. Thanks again.