How to set tags for org nodes

jenia.ivlev

Dec 23, 2014, 12:55:08 AM12/23/14
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Hello:

When I leave a tag for a node in org-mode, I press C-c C-c on that node
and helm provides me with suggestions for tags. But when I want to put
a second tag there, and press C-c C-c, helm doesnt provide me with
suggestions. Instead, on the text-bar on the bottom, it says :bash:
for example, if that was the orginal tag I left put there. However,
I want helm to provide me with suggestions of other tags I used elsewhere.
If I erase :bash: in the text-bar on the bottom, helm provides me with
all the available previously entered tags but if I choose one of them,
the original tag is erased.

So how do I use helm together with org-mode tags?

Thanks in advnace for your kind help.
Jenia.

jenia.ivlev

Dec 23, 2014, 1:05:05 AM12/23/14
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
jenia...@gmail.com (jenia.ivlev)
writes:

This was so terribly written that I decided to rewrite:

When I leave a tag for a node in org-mode, I press C-c C-c on that node
and helm provides me with suggestions for tags based on waht I
previously used as org-tags. But when I want to put
a second tag there, and press C-c C-c, helm doesnt provide me with
suggestions. Instead, on the text-bar on the bottom, it says :bash:
for example, if that was the orginal tag I put there. However,
I want helm to provide me with suggestions of other tags I used before elsewhere.
If I erase (backspace) :bash: in the text-bar on the bottom, helm provides me with
all the previously entered tags.But if I choose one of them,

Tu Hoang Do

Dec 29, 2014, 12:19:35 AM12/29/14
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
You delete the preselected input in the Helm prompt (in your case, ":bash:"), then all other tags will be visible.

jenia.ivlev

Jan 9, 2015, 1:09:16 AM1/9/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Tu Hoang Do <solidi...@gmail.com>
writes:
Yes, but if I delete ":bash:" to make the other tags visible, and enter
"helm" for example, that will delete the original "bash" tag.
That's not the behaviour that is optimal.
Normally, I would like to be able to add a second tag instead of
replacing the first one.