helm-basename is unknown

Sebastien Vauban

Mar 31, 2015, 10:56:24 AM3/31/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

If I run `helm-imenu' in a freshly started Emacs, I get the error
"helm-basename is void".

If I first run `helm-files', for example, then `helm-imenu', everything
works OK.

Does that not mean that there is a missing autoload cookie or some such?

Best regards,
Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

Thierry Volpiatto

Mar 31, 2015, 11:03:06 AM3/31/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Sebastien Vauban <sva-...@mygooglest.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> If I run `helm-imenu' in a freshly started Emacs, I get the error
> "helm-basename is void".
>
> If I first run `helm-files', for example, then `helm-imenu', everything
> works OK.
>
> Does that not mean that there is a missing autoload cookie or some such?

No, that's mean your installation is bad (or your helm copy is
outdated), please update helm and recompile your files.

helm-imenu is autoloaded, and helm-basename is in helm-utils,
which is required in helm-imenu.el.

--
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key: