Is there a way of turning on eclim ONLY for java?

Stephen Agneta

Jan 4, 2016, 10:39:59 AM1/4/16
to emacs-eclim

Presently I am working also with Scala and eclim for emacs is attempting to check the scala files.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Steve

Christopher Miles

Apr 26, 2017, 5:26:05 AM4/26/17
to emacs-eclim
I'd like to know too.
Maybe
(add-hook 'java-mode #'eclimd-minor-mode)

Torstein Krause Johansen

Sep 19, 2017, 7:15:08 AM9/19/17
to emacs-eclim

On Monday, 4 January 2016 16:39:59 UTC+1, Stephen Agneta wrote:

Presently I am working also with Scala and eclim for emacs is attempting to check the scala files.

The way I do it, is to enable eclim in my java hook and add my hook to the java mode hooks already in place.

(defun my-java-mode-hook ()
  ;; lots more ...
  (eclim-mode))
(add-hook 'java-mode-hook 'my-java-mode-hook)

Which mode are you using for Scala? The above will enable eclim for scala, only if your scala mode inherits from java-mode.

Cheers,

-Torstein