How to run interactive java class?

Tiankai Xiong

Mar 26, 2016, 6:49:56 PM3/26/16
to emacs-eclim
I'm trying to switch from Eclipse to eclim-emacs when I am working on some interactive classes. Although I can run the project, it is not interactive, i.e. I cannot key in message.

I use 'M-x eclim-run-class' to compile and run the class.
I get a compilation buffer in which no input can be made.

Is it possible to make it interactive?

Loyall, David

Mar 28, 2016, 4:23:31 PM3/28/16
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
> I'm trying to switch from Eclipse to eclim-emacs when I am working
> on some interactive classes. Although I can run the project, it is
> not interactive, i.e. I cannot key in message.

Does your interactive class accept input from stdin (standard in)?

Cheers,
--Dave

Gmail

Mar 28, 2016, 4:38:52 PM3/28/16
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
The input method I’m using is Scanner.nextline(). In emacs, if I run the java class with M-x Eclim-run-class, it compiles and show me the same thing as in Eclipse:

But the compilation buffer does not accept any input(I can’t type anything there.) While the same thing works as usual in Eclipse.

Another thing I did not include in this post is that: when I start eclimd from emacs, it hangs frequently. The compromise I take is that I run eclimd from Eclipse and it works well.

Best regards,
Tiankai