Problems in Windows

Павел Осадчий

Dec 4, 2012, 6:18:44 AM12/4/12
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
I need to use Windows on my new job, so I have to setup eclim+emacs in Win environment. My problem is the next: I tried to configure: eclim-eclipse-dirseclim-executable, eclimd-executable variables, but I still get "stringq nil" error , when I trying to start the start-eclimd from emacs. Here is the snippet of my .emacs, which setups eclim:

;;Eclim setup
(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "C:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-24.2/emacs-eclim/"))
;; only add the vendor path when you want to use the libraries
;; provided with emacs-eclim
(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "C:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-24.2/emacs-eclim/vendor"))
(custom-set-variables '(eclim-executable '("d:/myIT/eclipse/eclim")))
(require 'eclim)

(setq eclim-auto-save t)
(global-eclim-mode)

(custom-set-variables '(eclimd-executable '("d:/myIT/eclipse/eclimd")))
(require 'eclimd)

I use Eclipse Juno and eclim for it, my ver of Emacs is 24.
Any ideas, how to solve this problem? Regards, Paul.

fred-o

Dec 4, 2012, 10:36:04 AM12/4/12
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
I'm not running Windows, unfortunatly. However, the eclim-executable and eclimd-executable variables should contain strings, not a list of strings.

Try

(custom-set-variables '(eclim-executable "d:/myIT/eclipse/eclim"))

I'm not sure you need to set eclimd-executable. If the value is nil, eclim will derive the path by looking at eclim-executable.

Hope this helps,
-- Fredrik

Павел Осадчий

Dec 4, 2012, 3:13:44 PM12/4/12
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

the eclim-executable and eclimd-executable variables should contain strings, not a list of strings.

Tnx for pointing. Unfortunately, I briefly touched Lisp a few years ago in university, and almost completely forgot it. I'll try to fix those variables tomorrow, cause I have Win environment at work only. Regards, Paul.

2012/12/4 fred-o <fredrik....@gmail.com>

Павел Осадчий

Dec 12, 2012, 7:35:00 AM12/12/12
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Okay, it helped. I set all the variables(eclim, eclimd etc) manually (instead of setting a dir for eclips) and it worked. Tnx!