Multiple uses of `Elm.Xyzzy.embed` in a Phoenix app

Brian Marick

Jul 29, 2016, 5:42:36 PM7/29/16
to Elm Discuss
(A Phoenix newbie here, and an *extreme* Elm newbie.)

There are several Elm + Phoenix examples out there (though most of them for 0.16). However, I haven't found any that should more than one use of `embed`. Just to get started, I'm trying to embed Elm on two pages. On one page, it's just this:

     module FrontPage4Us exposing(..)

     import Html

     main : Html.Html a
     main =
         Html.text "Consider this text a promise of future beauty"

On a different one, I want to use `Bogdanp/elm-datepicker` with a text field. I can get both to work, sometimes, but never without javascript errors like "There are two Elm modules called DatePicker4Us on this page! Rename one of them".

Any good examples? If not, I will try to both make https://github.com/marick/eecrit an example people can follow, and document the gotchas.

Thanks.

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2016, 6:06:06 PM7/29/16
to Elm Discuss
See my answer to just this specific question at https://elixirforum.com/t/bootstrap-show-hide-operations-do-nothing-in-phoenix-app/1212/21?u=overminddl1 if anyone else happens to come by this thread.  :-)