Elm Documentation

Paul Dijou

Jan 20, 2017, 5:14:37 AM1/20/17
to Elm Discuss
Now that 0.18 is out for some time, wouldn't it be better to focus on improving the documentation rather than already starting new features? The task page of the Elm guide has been empty for months while being one the core concept of Elm.

Is there any plan to have documentation on effect modules? On native code? I understand that those topics are quite complex and not at all for all users but with the ecosystem growing, more and more libs or production projects need to use them (just like Elm Core does) but I think most people only learn it by reading at other libs source code and trial&error, which is not the best way to develop a safe and sound project. We could put those pages inside "Advanced topics".

I would love to help but, as I just said, I'm not even sure of what I'm coding (even if it works so far...)

Alexandre Rousseau

Jan 20, 2017, 10:28:10 AM1/20/17
to Elm Discuss
Seconded. I came back to Elm after a 6 month absence following what I felt was an inconsistent documentation set. Things have improved since then hence my coming back 2 weeks ago but some holes exist such as this one.

Alexandre Rousseau

Jan 20, 2017, 10:32:56 AM1/20/17
to Elm Discuss
That said, Tasks are covered in the core doc set so it's not all that bad. But the guide is the first document that I went through before realizing some key topics were amiss.