Feedback on a new package for debouncing and throttling of messages

Matthieu Pizenberg

Dec 2, 2016, 9:32:02 PM12/2/16
to Elm Discuss
Hi all,

I just release a package (mpizenberg/elm-debounce) for debouncing and throttling of messages. Any feedback would be great!

For the story about why another debouncing and throttling package:
Initially, I wanted to use an already existing package that handle throttle. So I tried jinjor/elm-debounce but found the interface and usage not intuitive. Then stumbled upon bcardiff/elm-debounce, which I really liked, but did not handle throttling of messages and was not updated to 0.18. While helping bcardiff to update to 0.18 (with a PR), and creating few issues to discuss the implementation of throttling, I realized I wanted to do more than just a few modifications.

So here it is.
It is mostly inspired by the works of bcardiff and jinjor.