How to sell Elm to your client / boss

Thibaut Assus

Sep 29, 2016, 10:31:38 AM9/29/16
to Elm Discuss
Hello, I just posted a new blogpost on Medium :

Looking forward for your feedback

Martin DeMello

Sep 29, 2016, 2:51:22 PM9/29/16
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
I think the best way to sell elm to your client/boss is to point to a reasonably large scale project you have done in elm, and talk about your experiences with it. Another alternative is to talk about the benefits you gained from integrating small bits of elm into a larger project.

I'd be wary of selling my boss/client on any technology that I didn't have in-depth experience of some sort with, because you never know what pitfalls you might face after you have already committed a few months to it.

martin

Charlie Koster

Sep 29, 2016, 9:52:49 PM9/29/16
to Elm Discuss
Agreed with Martin.

Start small. Demonstrate the value of Elm through an actual small scale application. If you can touch it and see it it's more convincing.