Prodirect Manipulation of Graphics using Elm

Mitch Spradlin

Sep 3, 2015, 6:14:08 PM9/3/15
to Elm Discuss
We're a research group out of the University of Chicago, and we are working on a method of manipulating graphics both programmatically and with the mouse. We've been working on the project for a while and think it's a compelling method of interaction that works especially well for designing graphics. Now we'd like to find out whether or not it's just us who thinks this is cool.

In the interest of being scientific, we've put together a tutorial that we think provides a good overview of what's special about this approach. We also have a set of short surveys to go along with them to get structured feedback that can help us tell if developing these sorts of techniques is worth exploring further.

For more information about the tool as well as links to our source and technical report, our project page is here: http://ravichugh.github.io/sketch-n-sketch/index.html

Oh, and it's written almost entirely in Elm!

We'd appreciate any responses to our survey that you can complete!