on reuse and effects/subscriptions

Peter Damoc

Jan 15, 2017, 11:37:17 AM1/15/17
to Elm Discuss
How could one implement the old RandomGif example using the latest recommendations from:
https://guide.elm-lang.org/reuse/more.html

The examples from the link do not require any side-effects or subscriptions.

How should one approach the contexts where one needs side-effects like the above RandomGif or let say an autocomplete field that uses some online service?

--
There is NO FATE, we are the creators.
blog: http://damoc.ro/

Rex van der Spuy

Jan 16, 2017, 12:46:47 PM1/16/17
to Elm Discuss
Thanks for asking this Peter, I've been also been wondering about these same things lately.

Peter Damoc

Jan 17, 2017, 3:00:08 AM1/17/17
to Elm Discuss
A little bit more context.
I'm trying to use the reuse guide and to reimplement the old elm-architecture-tutorial examples using the new approach.
I've managed to solve the first 4 on my own but I'm stuck on 5
https://github.com/pdamoc/elm-new-achitecture