On producing production product

Birowsky

Jun 7, 2017, 7:56:01 AM6/7/17
to Elm Discuss
Sup team, I just poured my feelings towards Elm on Medium:

Berry Groenendijk

Jun 7, 2017, 3:40:26 PM6/7/17
to Elm Discuss
Seriously impressed with your PWA. Looks fantastic. Great looking interface. Easy interaction. Touch works. Great.

Would love to take a look at your Elm code, but I'm guessing your code is not open source. It is probably not on your radar, but if you can somehow  transform this app in some sort of PWA framework or an example PWA application that would be very helpful to the Elm community.

Christian Charukiewicz

Jun 7, 2017, 5:51:25 PM6/7/17
to Elm Discuss
Well, I run this small team that somehow, after Elm, became a lot bigger, even tho the number of people remained.

Fantastic way to summarize the impact of Elm on a small team.  I share the same experience since we adopted Elm for production use.

Birowsky

Jun 13, 2017, 7:31:02 AM6/13/17
to Elm Discuss
Sorry Berry, I was too busy enjoying Elm Europe. I offer my thanx for your kind words. If you were there, I would've bragged to your face all day long xD

But yeah, it's a client project, so the source is a top secret of a multi-national value.

About the PWA specific patterns, I would point out that they are not related to Elm. They are specific to the platform. But please don't think twice to ask anything specific about it. For example, for the toaster notifications we use Firebase Cloud Messaging. So as they come through, we just send them to the Elm app through port, from where, our custom toaster takes over:

  navigator
.serviceWorker.addEventListener('message', ({data}) => newNotificationPort.send(data));

Christian, we gonna make a joke out of the "Javascript Fatigue" aren't we.