Announcement: (yet another) elm-gamepad

Francesco Orsenigo

Aug 8, 2017, 5:07:35 AM8/8/17
to Elm Discuss
http://package.elm-lang.org/packages/xarvh/elm-gamepad/latest

Gamepads cannot be implemented in pure Elm so I published a package and, in the docs, I tell the user "hey you need to manually add a port, you can find the code in the port/ directory".

I hope this is an acceptable compromise between keeping all of Elm's guarantees and enabling people to share unsafe code.
Regardless, I tried to keep the JS code at the absolute minimum and do all the real work in Elm.

Other library features:
* Recognises and supports W3C "standard gamepad" out of the box
* Allows full button remapping
* Includes function for serialising and deserialising button maps
* Includes the TEA functions and types for bare button remapping tool
* Has tests
* Keeps its implementation away from the API
* Works even on MS Edge ^_^

John Orford

Aug 8, 2017, 6:39:48 AM8/8/17
to Elm Discuss
nice one - I never heard about this spec before - v interesting!