State of Elm Survey 2017 is live

Brian Hicks

Jan 18, 2017, 1:28:47 PM1/18/17
to Elm Discuss
The State of Elm Survey is live. Please take it and share with your colleagues. The survey will run from today until the 24th of February (a Friday.)

Martin DeMello

Jan 18, 2017, 2:57:48 PM1/18/17
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
the survey seemed overly focused on people whose day job was web development. i'm guessing a significant fraction of the elm community are people developing side projects.

martin

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Brian Hicks <br...@brianthicks.com> wrote:
The State of Elm Survey is live. Please take it and share with your colleagues. The survey will run from today until the 24th of February (a Friday.)

Brian Hicks

Jan 18, 2017, 3:15:35 PM1/18/17
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
You're right that there are a large number of people using Elm for side projects. I'm still interested in their professional experiences. We want to reduce the activation energy to go from hobby to production.

There are about a hundred responses so far! Keep them coming!

Also for those curious, here are the results from last year: https://www.brianthicks.com/post/2016/04/22/state-of-elm-2016-results/ Forgot to include that before!

Matthieu Pizenberg

Jan 18, 2017, 6:48:31 PM1/18/17
to Elm Discuss
Hey, I just participated in the survey :)
A few remarks before forgetting:
- I am not sure large scale notations (0->10) with only indications of what the 2 ends are, are a good thing in surveys. 0 to 3 is very often enough (not at all / small / medium / high )
- The question "What is your level of influence within your team?" may not apply to everyone. I am currently a PhD student in image processing, so I can't really say "let's use elm" ^^. The same would apply to people working alone as freelancers.

Nick H

Jan 18, 2017, 8:44:28 PM1/18/17
to elm-d...@googlegroups.com
The same would apply to people working alone as freelancers.

I just put in 10 :-)

Brian Hicks

Jul 27, 2017, 12:25:53 PM7/27/17
to Elm Discuss