talk about errors relevant with various version and the sources.

Junhyeop Kim

Sep 1, 2015, 7:08:56 PM9/1/15
to Elm Discuss

When If I use others sources then I got so many errors.

mostly happened with below the version of elm 0.15.1

like this problem.

https://github.com/evancz/elm-architecture-tutorial

this tutorials are not work for me.

and the errors happened like this.

example 2

Downloading elm-lang/core
Packages configured successfully!
Error when searching for modules imported by module 'Main':
    Could not find module 'CounterPair'

Potential problems could be:
  * Misspelled the module name
  * Need to add a source directory or new dependency to elm-package.json

example 7
Error when searching for modules imported by module 'Main':
    Could not find module 'Effects'

Potential problems could be:
  * Misspelled the module name
  * Need to add a source directory or new dependency to elm-package.json

I got errors from all examples.
and I am using windows 7 64 bit and newest Chrome Browser.

and I got errors all of examples in HTML series(basics, user input, larger examples = link http://elm-lang.org/examples/) too

I think when you change the functions or somethings in ELM. the functions should be work with newest version. like a connected automatically or fix automatically. or support various version or integrated install package.

because all the previous version of elm are not work in 0.15.1

I have tested so many examples made by users, But It's useless because almost sources are not work in 0.15.1

When I got errors then very hard to fix it. there's no references for fix. and hard to understand maker's mind

(If the sources piles up by the time. It will be amazing and have the huge power. but all those sources are not connected with various version, It just trash. and not different with any others language like a ruby(gem). anyway you should know about the compound system. how powerful it is.

compound = made by users and some users export it and upload and share and another users just download and just connect to their port. then it works perfectly and it can make various things.

below the link.

https://youtu.be/do1kzR6gVYk

or If you hard to make it or change it, I thought If evan can make the report page in your homepage. that would be nice for users.

If I can see each errors connected with how to fix it. it would be very easy to fix it for me.

and then we can see more clearly about the error.