Re: [elixir-talk:13613] Confirming suspicion about quote two-element tuples

José Valim

Aug 12, 2016, 11:29:03 AM8/12/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Yes!

On Friday, August 12, 2016, <j...@iamvery.com> wrote:

I have a suspicion that I’ve never seen written about, so before I start making statements of “truth", I want to confirm them.

Two-element tuples are listed among the Elixir literals that when quoted, return themselves. Therefore I assert: Two-element tuples return themselves when quoted in order to support keyword lists returning themselves when quoted. Is that the sole motivation behind the two-element tuple exception?

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Director of R&D

Josh Adams

Aug 12, 2016, 11:58:50 AM8/12/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Best thread :)

Josh Adams

Dave Aronson

Aug 12, 2016, 12:50:58 PM8/12/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
(Rearranged into "correct" order:)

On Friday, August 12, 2016, <j...@iamvery.com> wrote:

> Is that the sole motivation behind the two-element tuple exception?

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Josh Adams <josh.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Best thread :)

Yup, it quickly got to as authoritative an answer as one could
possibly expect. BTW, might want to change what address you use here.
;-)

--
Dave Aronson, consulting software developer of Codosaur.us,
PullRequestRoulette.com, Blog.Codosaur.us, and Dare2XL.com.