Renaming a package in Hex

Luís Ferreira

May 25, 2016, 2:29:32 PM5/25/16
to elixir-lang-talk
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a preferred way to go about renaming a package in Hex. Is there a way supported by hex?

Thanks

Eric Meadows-Jönsson

May 25, 2016, 9:25:43 PM5/25/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
It's not supported because it could break existing users of your package. I would recommend keeping your old package name but if you really need to rename it you can publish a new package. You can also optionally push a new release of your old package with an updated package description that points users to the new package.

Eric Meadows-Jönsson

Luís Ferreira