Proposal: Highlight left/right differences in "Doctest failed" output

Eric Watson

Apr 20, 2018, 11:19:20 AM4/20/18
to elixir-lang-core
Hi all,

I love how ExUnit highlights the differences between left and right values for failing tests. I wish that doctest output also had this highlighting. Is this a feature worth adding to ExUnit? It seems doable from a brief, uneducated scan of the code. I'd like to attempt if core agrees it's a good feature.

Cheers,

Eric

Kelvin Raffael Stinghen

Apr 20, 2018, 11:31:08 AM4/20/18
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
I’m +1 on this! :)

Best,
Kelvin Stinghen
kelvin....@me.com

José Valim

Apr 20, 2018, 11:54:35 AM4/20/18
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
A PR would definitely be welcome!

José Valim
Founder and
Director of R&D

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 5:31 PM, Kelvin Raffael Stinghen <kelvin....@gmail.com> wrote:
I’m +1 on this! :)

Best,
Kelvin Stinghen
kelvin....@me.com

On Apr 20, 2018, at 17:19, Eric Watson <wasno...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I love how ExUnit highlights the differences between left and right values for failing tests. I wish that doctest output also had this highlighting. Is this a feature worth adding to ExUnit? It seems doable from a brief, uneducated scan of the code. I'd like to attempt if core agrees it's a good feature.

Cheers,

Eric

Eric Watson

Apr 20, 2018, 12:44:46 PM4/20/18