Mix todos/notes feature

Razvan Musetescu

Oct 6, 2016, 8:21:47 AM10/6/16
to elixir-lang-core
Is there any mix notes/todos feature that can show you the # TODO comments you left in your project.
I'm talking about something like rake notes which can be used in Ruby and in Rails projects.
Are there any plans to add this kind of feature?

Louis Pop

Oct 6, 2016, 8:40:11 AM10/6/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I think this would be useful in any project, not just Elixir. It could
shell script that greps for TODOs, uses gitignore to select those
within the codebase, and then formats them nicely for the user to
view.

Much better than making it Elixir specific :)

Cheers,
Louis

Allen Madsen

Oct 6, 2016, 9:06:27 AM10/6/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
ag -A TODO

Finds all TODO's grouped by file and shows the following 2 lines (-A)
for context. ag is specifically for searching code projects and
respects .gitignore.
Allen Madsen
http://www.allenmadsen.com
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elixir-lang-core/CAM-pwt41N_reKuucrcUTuubNswFV8505ROjMFypjwz_Jrt3XwA%40mail.gmail.com.

Louis Pop

Oct 6, 2016, 9:11:10 AM10/6/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com

OvermindDL1

Oct 6, 2016, 10:44:51 AM10/6/16
to elixir-lang-core
Or for something in the Mix ecosystem the `credo` linting package (I always recommend, and it is very configurable) will by default yell at you when it finds TODO's in comments.  :-)