Elixir v1.3.4 released

José Valim

Oct 9, 2016, 10:42:53 AM10/9/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
This is a small release with important bug fixes for those using Cover and Dialyzer on Erlang 19.

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Director of R&D

Mike Boone

Oct 9, 2016, 9:28:21 PM10/9/16
to elixir-lang-core, jose....@plataformatec.com.br
Hi, is the sha256 for the Github tar published anywhere? I looked in several places, but was unable to find one.

I was going to submit a Homebrew PR but it needs a sha256 here: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/master/Formula/elixir.rb#L29.

It seems like that value should be populated from a definitive source, not, just trusting the Github download directly.

Thanks.

José Valim

Oct 10, 2016, 3:22:17 AM10/10/16
to Mike Boone, elixir-lang-core
I will look into it. The whole archive is generated by GitHub so I cannot see a way of generating the sha256 without at least someone downloading the file from GitHub in the first place.

For now, the value is: f5ee5353d8dbe610b1dfd276d22f2038d57d9a7d3cea69dac10da2b098bd2033

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Director of R&D

Mike Boone

Oct 10, 2016, 8:02:32 AM10/10/16
to José Valim, elixir-lang-core
Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking more about the automated nature of the archive generation and there might not be another way but to trust GitHub's process here.

Onorio Catenacci

Oct 10, 2016, 10:24:56 AM10/10/16
to elixir-lang-core, jose....@plataformatec.com.br
I have the same issue with the CNG package for the Precompiled.zip file José.  I've just been pulling down the .zip and generating the SHA256 myself manually but that's really sort of missing the point of SHA256 (at least as I understand it).

oc

José Valim

Oct 10, 2016, 10:58:28 AM10/10/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Yes, for the precompiled ones we should generate it ourselves. I am already looking into it. :)

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Director of R&D