Re: [elixir-core:7031] Flag to omit verbosity from skipped tests on ExUnit

Message has been deleted

Pedro Medeiros

Mar 23, 2017, 12:29:47 AM3/23/17
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan...

I don't see this case as generic enough to justify the implementation on the original code. Once test output format is a big fight.

You can always implement your own formatter using the default as example https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/blob/master/lib/ex_unit/lib/ex_unit/cli_formatter.ex . It's really easy to read and pick what can be interesting for you.

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Ivan Santos <pragma...@gmail.com> wrote:
I wonder if there's a way to omit the tests that are skipped from the terminal.

If I use a tag to filter by `--only` and use `--trace`, the filtered tests shows up green and the skipped shows up using gray and append a text `(skipped)` on each test.

I could not find a flag to just show the filtered on the trace.

I guess it goes through all the tests to find for the tag to be used as a filter, but also shows an extra behavior for the skipped tests.

Is that the originally expected behavior, is there any reason to not have a flag to hide those extra messages?

Pedro Henrique de Souza Medeiros
Cel: +55 (61) 9197-0993
Email: pedr...@gmail.com

Beautiful is better than ugly,