Keyword module remains mostly untested

Eugene Pirogov

Jul 11, 2016, 5:37:20 AM7/11/16
to elixir-lang-core
Hi all,

I've noticed that Keyword module, despite having > 30 public methods has only 4 tests – https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/blob/master/lib/elixir/test/elixir/keyword_test.exs. Is this on purpose, like testing public functions would be superfluous for some reason (although I can't think of one)? If not, would it be OK if to start covering the module's publicly exported functions with tests?

José Valim

Jul 11, 2016, 5:39:12 AM7/11/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
All of the functionality is covered via doctests.

On Monday, July 11, 2016, Eugene Pirogov <iame...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I've noticed that Keyword module, despite having > 30 public methods has only 4 tests – https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/blob/master/lib/elixir/test/elixir/keyword_test.exs. Is this on purpose, like testing public functions would be superfluous for some reason (although I can't think of one)? If not, would it be OK if to start covering the module's publicly exported functions with tests?

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Director of R&D