Getting started PDF

Terry Leach

Jun 27, 2013, 3:32:03 PM6/27/13
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to get a pdf of the getting started guide and Mix build tool on the Elixir website.

Terry

José Valim

Jun 27, 2013, 3:50:58 PM6/27/13
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Hello Terry,

We don't have one yet but the source is in markdown in this repository:

Maybe someone would be able to generate a pdf from the markdown files?

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Lead Developer

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Terry Leach <terry...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd like to get a pdf of the getting started guide and Mix build tool on the Elixir website.

Terry

Tom Janssens

Jun 28, 2013, 2:10:39 PM6/28/13
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com, jose....@plataformatec.com.br
I googled a bit, and one could use Pandoc to get from markdown to latex, and then generate a pdf from there..

Eric Merritt

Jun 28, 2013, 2:15:36 PM6/28/13
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com, jose....@plataformatec.com.br
Actually Pandoc will happily go strait from markdown to pdf with no problem at all.

Tom Janssens

Jun 28, 2013, 2:21:54 PM6/28/13
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com, jose....@plataformatec.com.br
Even better! Do you know how to do this?

Eric Merritt

Jun 28, 2013, 2:26:13 PM6/28/13
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com, jose....@plataformatec.com.br
pandoc <input>.md -o <name>.pdf

Thats how I do it.

Ganesh Gunasegaran

Jun 29, 2013, 2:44:01 AM6/29/13
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com

José Valim

Jun 29, 2013, 3:36:21 AM6/29/13
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
This is beautiful Ganesh, thank you!

Could you please provide a Makefile to the elixir-lang.github.com project on github with commands to generate those PDFs? Then we can put them online ourselves!

Thanks!!!

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Lead Developer

Ganesh Gunasegaran

Jun 30, 2013, 8:21:42 AM6/30/13
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com

Sure José,

It is a rake script. I will share it this Monday.

Elixir is awesome!!!  Your 'Meet Elixir' peepcode was excellent.

I am building a websocket based XMPP like IM framework using Erlang. I ported most of the code to Elixir.  I am planning to open source it next week.

Cheers,
GG
Founder Akshi.com

Geoffrey Clements

Jul 2, 2013, 7:59:37 AM7/2/13
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
One of my other projects is an app to turn text into an ePub. (It's called Hatter and available on the Apple App store.) I ran markdown over the the getting started guide markdown files and concatenated the output. I then opened the output in Hatter and fixed some expectations Hatter has and created an ePub file. You can download it here:

and ran kindlegen over that and generated a mobi file you can read on your Kindle. You can get that file here:

There are some broken links since they point to /docs and /getting_started but they look OK on a Nook and the Kindle app.

Yu Li

Jul 4, 2014, 6:20:39 AM7/4/14
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com, ganesh...@gmail.com

Ganesh Gunasegaran

Feb 23, 2015, 10:08:33 AM2/23/15
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com

X Zhang

Apr 3, 2015, 10:59:17 AM4/3/15
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
This is great. Thank you very much, Ganesh.

Kind regards,

Xiao

在 2015年2月23日星期一 UTC+8下午11:08:33,Ganesh Gunasegaran写道:

Dmitry Kakurin

May 5, 2015, 7:27:18 PM5/5/15
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
These are very valuable, thanks Ganesh!
It would be useful to mention these links on elixir-lang.org

david grupp

May 8, 2015, 6:53:09 PM5/8/15
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
These are awesome, Thanks. Uploaded them to my kindle.

Nicholas Rucci

Aug 4, 2016, 9:04:44 AM8/4/16
to elixir-lang-core
I made some updated digital files as of August 1, 2016

PDF, MOBI, EPUB documents for Elixir's Getting Started tutorial.