Re: [elixir-core:6239] GenStage and Tweets. 1 producer, 3 consumers but only one consumer receives the tweets

José Valim

Aug 23, 2016, 9:32:04 AM8/23/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alvise. However, next time please don't double post on both elixir-lang-core and elixirforum. :) We can continue this discussion there.

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Director of R&D

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Alvise Susmel <alv...@poeticoding.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm playing a bit with GenStage, after reading the blog post on elixir with a full case description, and watching the youtube Jose's speech.

  _____________
  |                         |
  | Producer        |   <------> consumer 1
  | tweets stream  |    <------> consumer 2

I'm playing with it using twitter streams. The producer reads the twitter streams, receiving all the tweets linked to the hashtag #rio2016, and pass them to the consumers.

in the gist there are app, producer, consumer and log output

I've started 3 consumers. Once a consumer receives a bunch of tweets from the producer, I put it to sleep for 10s to simulate the processing. The problem is that the other 2 consumers don't receive anything..

if I change the stream to a local big file, all the 3 consumers receive events...

Does anyone know why ?

Thanks

Alvise