Add Gitter support room to Elixir lang repo readme.

Barsukov Vladimir

Jun 20, 2016, 4:28:21 AM6/20/16
to elixir-lang-core
I knew the IRC is very good and probably enough. But I feel more useful when I have a question and go to gitter, it is more convenient and use the same github account. A lot JS and Ruby libs have gitter. What do you think guys if you create official Elixir (https://gitter.im/) gitter room as well and put it to README?
It would be awesome.

P.S.
And of course in the future telegram chat as well :) we have a russian speaking telegram group (at least 42 people). but it would be great to have a global elixir telegramm group too :)

José Valim

Jun 20, 2016, 4:49:39 AM6/20/16
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Barsukov, it is not practical for us to maintain multiple communication channels. Since we are only 5 Elixir Core developers and there are thousands of users, we should focus on one channel and that's IRC. :)

However, the community is welcome to expand to multiple channels. I know many use Slack and there is also the Elixir Forum and Stack Overflow for asking questions.

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Director of R&D