howistart.org and Elixir portals

José Valim

Jul 7, 2014, 5:31:49 AM7/7/14
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

There is a new website meant to collect different ways of starting projects in different languages called howistart.org.

I was invited to write an article about Elixir. The article is done and can be found on Github:

I would appreciate if some of you could review the article (both code and grammar wise) and give some feedback!

The images have been done by Augie, so huge thanks to him!

PS: Please do not tweet / link to / spread the repository yet. Let's wait until the article is up on howistart.org to announce it. Thanks!

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Lead Developer

Paul Schoenfelder

Jul 7, 2014, 1:10:46 PM7/7/14
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com, jose....@plataformatec.com.br
This looks awesome José! I haven't gotten all the way through yet, but it looks great so far.

Paul

Mike Chmielewski

Jul 7, 2014, 2:09:55 PM7/7/14
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com, jose....@plataformatec.com.br
Very cool. One thing, when you have the reader replace the start/2 in the supervisor section, you actually make three changes. The two you document, and then you remove the "warn: false" in the "import Supervisor.Spec" line.

José Valim

Jul 7, 2014, 2:32:04 PM7/7/14
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Good catch, I will add the warn: false back!

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Lead Developer

Dave Thomas

Jul 8, 2014, 12:42:01 PM7/8/14
to elixir-lang-core
I think this is fantastic.

I wonder if you need a sentence explaining the anon function syntax before you get to agents?

José Valim

Jul 8, 2014, 12:45:32 PM7/8/14
to elixir-l...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dave, I will do so!