Logo ideas

Henrik Nyh

Jun 16, 2016, 1:28:44 PM6/16/16
to elixi...@googlegroups.com
Michał Muskała said on Twitter that with Ecto graduating to its own organisation, it needs a logo.

I made a quick sketch of one possible direction to go in:

The idea is ecto = ectoplasm = ghost, and incorporating the Elixir logo, and a ghost in a trap could be some sort of metaphor for data in a data store…

Again, just a quick sketch. The trap is stolen off Google Images. The ghost is the Elixir logo upside down and recoloured. The face is all me!

Thoughts, other ideas? Unless you think this is too off-topic.

One thought I have is that if this is too obviously Ghostbusters-y, it might run into intellectual property trouble, so maybe a ghost without the trap would be safer. Also visually cleaner. Like so:

José Valim

Jun 16, 2016, 2:02:46 PM6/16/16
to elixi...@googlegroups.com
I loved the logo. Flipping the Elixir drop to make a ghost was genius.

Although I am afraid using the trap will put us into intellectual property troubles indeed. :(

What about the drop without a smile?

José Valim
Skype: jv.ptec
Founder and Director of R&D

Drew Olson

Jun 16, 2016, 2:22:19 PM6/16/16
to elixi...@googlegroups.com
I like the inverted green drop, no face, no trap. Very nice!

hen...@nyh.se

Jun 17, 2016, 3:42:24 AM6/17/16
to elixir-ecto, dr...@drewolson.org
Thank you! :)

Alright, this is just the drop as a Photoshop PSD: http://cl.ly/1O1Z080C2G0j

Feel free to use it as-is or modify it. I don't assert any copyright (I probably couldn't :p).

This is based on the highest-resolution Elixir logo I was able to find last time I looked. I don't think there's a vector version available to the public.

hen...@nyh.se

Oct 2, 2016, 8:06:17 AM10/2/16
to elixir-ecto
What would be a good next step here?

I'm currently exploring if there's a nice-looking way to get the logo into the README as rendered on GitHub.

José Valim

Oct 2, 2016, 8:58:47 AM10/2/16
to elixi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! I have replied directly on the repo, we can continue the discussion there! :)
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elixir-ecto/ae10f04b-f594-435c-ae83-c7cccbd04fce%40googlegroups.com.