Exception using EB v3.0.7 on Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.2.0

Zhu Wayne

May 23, 2013, 12:34:56 PM5/23/13
to elephant...@googlegroups.com
Could it be a compatibility issue?

Here is my pig script:
register /home/uid/elephant-bird-pig-3.0.7.jar;
register /home/uid/json_simple-1.1.jar;
raw = load 'c.json' using com.twitter.elephantbird.pig.load.JsonLoader() as (json:map[]);
dump raw;

ERROR 2997: Unable to recreate exception from backed error: Error: Found interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Counter, but class was expected

org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException: ERROR 1066: Unable to open iterator for alias raw. Backend error : Unable to recreate exception from backed error: Error: Found interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Counter, but class was expected
        at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:826)

Raghu Angadi

May 23, 2013, 4:25:14 PM5/23/13
to elephant...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is compatibility issue.
please try EB version 4.0

Zhu Wayne

May 23, 2013, 4:41:42 PM5/23/13
to elephant...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Could you send me the link to download EB 4.0? I can't find it anywhere and had hard time building from  GIT master branch.

Raghu Angadi

May 23, 2013, 4:45:17 PM5/23/13
to elephant...@googlegroups.com
see http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.twitter.elephantbird/

How are setting your dependencies? These packages are available from maven.

Raghu.

Zhu Wayne

May 24, 2013, 3:09:13 PM5/24/13
to elephant...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I am not setting dependencies. I just need to download and use them in my PIG scripts;
Wayne Zhu
847-282-0596 (Google Voice)