I made some Dank Memes for you guys

Spenser Kearns

Jan 13, 2017, 4:07:04 PM1/13/17
to The Center for Election Science
http://imgur.com/a/gYPCK

Electoral reform needs more dank memes.

Clay Shentrup

Jan 13, 2017, 10:57:05 PM1/13/17
to The Center for Election Science
The Gene Wilder one is a classic.

Spenser Kearns

Jan 13, 2017, 11:55:25 PM1/13/17
to The Center for Election Science
RIP, may his legend forever live on through memes.

Mark Frohnmayer

Jan 14, 2017, 12:49:10 AM1/14/17
to The Center for Election Science
hahahah.

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 8:55 PM Spenser Kearns <kear...@mymail.vcu.edu> wrote:
RIP, may his legend forever live on through memes.

William Waugh

Jan 14, 2017, 7:56:43 AM1/14/17
to The Center for Election Science
Why are such memes described as "dank"?

Brian Olson

Jan 14, 2017, 9:29:14 AM1/14/17
to electio...@googlegroups.com
That Fry though
("Not sure if IRV activists are intentionally spreading propaganda\\or if they're just wrong")++

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 7:56 AM, William Waugh <2knuw...@snkmail.com> wrote:
Why are such memes described as "dank"?

Jameson Quinn

Jan 14, 2017, 9:39:51 AM1/14/17
to electionsciencefoundation
The memes are "dank" because that's a word that's used to praise marijuana. But by now, "dank memes" is just a thing, self-consciously using recent but well-established jargon to ironically comment on the silliness of much meme jargon. (See, I am aware of all internet traditions.)

One criticism I'd have of several of the memes: don't call it "Bayesian Regret", call it "Voter Satisfaction Efficiency".

I definitely LOLed at Mayor Blueberry, and smiled at several others.

Why are such memes described as "dank"?

Toby Pereira

Jan 14, 2017, 1:03:01 PM1/14/17
to The Center for Election Science
One could equally ask - why are such dank things described as "memes"?

Jameson Quinn

Jan 14, 2017, 2:13:25 PM1/14/17
to electionsciencefoundation
"Meme" has now been used to mean "a digital picture combined with text, intended to be shared over social media" many more times than it was ever used to mean more generally "a piece of information, such as a behavior pattern, that spreads and evolves in a manner analogous to genetic evolution, by means of imitation."

Spenser Kearns

Jan 14, 2017, 3:51:39 PM1/14/17
to The Center for Election Science
The power of memes cannot be understated. Look what Pepe the Frog did for Trump.

Steve Cobb

Jan 14, 2017, 4:23:25 PM1/14/17
to The Center for Election Science
Very dank, but could you make "criteria" singular?