Approval Voting mentioned in Green Party presidential debate

Clay Shentrup

May 10, 2016, 2:09:35 AM5/10/16
to The Center for Election Science
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtKAScORevQ

Jill Stein spews the standard uninformed IRV talking points, then Kent Mesplay interjects something about Approval Voting. The quality is abhorrent, but hopefully RT will eventually release the full thing in high quality.

William Waugh

May 10, 2016, 2:44:08 AM5/10/16
to The Center for Election Science
I heard it in real time. Stein said that ranked choice voting was one of the things needed to solve lesser evilism. Mesplay replied, out of his turn, that Approval Voting was better. I may have put the bug in his ear about it on Facebook.

Clay Shentrup

May 10, 2016, 10:31:13 AM5/10/16
to The Center for Election Science

Clay Shentrup

May 24, 2016, 1:41:18 AM5/24/16
to The Center for Election Science
MUCH higher quality:

https://youtu.be/X3rJVdd_HO0?t=840

Kent Meslay says something like, "Approval Voting's better". And then Sedinam Kinamo Christin Moyowasifsza (the candidate on the left) seems to nod in agreement. Nice.