Score Voting used in San Leandro, CA

Clay Shentrup

May 8, 2015, 1:53:58 PM5/8/15
to electio...@googlegroups.com
Their vice mayor tells me they use 1-10 Score Voting to prioritize their Capital Improvement Projects. This is really significant, because you're basically going down the list of things to fund until you run out of budget. Huge financial implications.

William Waugh

May 11, 2015, 3:40:56 AM5/11/15
to electio...@googlegroups.com
Sounds as though for that application, they ought to be using RRV.  That would distribute the money in a way that would produce more overall satisfaction.

Clay Shentrup

May 12, 2015, 10:44:33 AM5/12/15
to electio...@googlegroups.com
I also argued to their vice-mayor that RRV would be better, but he's a very practical kind of guy and that would be a very tough sell for him.