Antony Green arguing on Twitter

Clay S

Sep 10, 2018, 2:35:04 AM9/10/18
to The Center for Election Science

NoIRV

Sep 10, 2018, 9:24:37 PM9/10/18
to The Center for Election Science
On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 2:35:04 AM UTC-4, Clay S wrote:
> https://twitter.com/CShentrup/status/1039039119995723776

Can you quote some statements in here? (Well, no, actually I want to abandon this and move all discussions to forum.electology.org but whatever.)

Clay S

Sep 11, 2018, 6:40:57 PM9/11/18
to The Center for Election Science
More from Antony Green:

I'm happy to admit that my expertise is with an electoral systems that millions of people have used for a century to elect parliaments. I'll put that ahead of expertise in a theoretical electoral system that nobody uses.

My response:

That's a bizarre way of thinking that essentially guarantees you won't innovate over a system that was invented over 100 years ago, before virtually every major advance in our understanding of voting systems. You should understand that most of the major benefits of these newer systems are just objective facts, not "theoretical". E.g. precinct summability, monotonicity, Favorite Betrayal Criterion.

Marylander

Sep 12, 2018, 9:08:32 AM9/12/18
to The Center for Election Science
Also. "expert in" =/= "supporter of".