NY state primaries today. Mach 2 puke.

Warren D Smith

Sep 13, 2018, 6:51:13 PM9/13/18
to electionscience
First of all it is a corrupt outrage that NY has two, or even three,
DIFFERENT primaries
(i.e held on different days); you have to vote in them all, which
almost nobody does.

But ok, I went to vote and there were about 15 elections employees
there... and three
voters. Which is an absurd waste of taxpayer money. And why are all those guys
working there? (And by "working" I mean "sitting.")
What the hell do they do? Just 2 guys would have been more than enough.

The answer is:
they are there to set up many voting machines and many tables (and sit at them)
when really only 1 table and 1 machine is needed. Why have many?
Because NY wants to keep track of all the votes IN ALL DIFFERENT
SUBSUBSUBDISTRICTS so they can gerrymander. That is why
that polling place had so many tables and machines. Each was for a
different teeny tiny
subsubsubdistrict, all of which had no reason to exist, except to
gether more statistics to help NY gerrymander more effectively in the future.

So not only are they destroying democracy and stealing your vote with
gerrymandering,
they are making you pay for it big time with a ton of unneeded
employees and utter waste.

--
Warren D. Smith
http://RangeVoting.org <-- add your endorsement (by clicking

Neal McBurnett

Sep 13, 2018, 7:26:26 PM9/13/18
to electio...@googlegroups.com
Astonishing!

For more on multiple primaries, see:

Why does New York have multiple primary elections? NYCurious | am New York
https://www.amny.com/news/elections/primary-elections-ny-1.19901084

> The state Senate has estimated that if the state and congressional primaries were on the same day, the state could save about $25 million.

State, federal and presidential primaries. Crazy indeed!

Tell us more about the subsubsubdistricts though. On average, how many voters are registered in each one?
And how many votes do they get?

-Neal