Gerrymandering "cure" by cake cutting. Moron "computer scientists" cause more damage.

Warren D Smith

Dec 10, 2017, 12:13:03 PM12/10/17
to Neal Young, Philip Klein, electionscience
http://arxiv.org/abs/1710.08781

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2152106-how-learning-to-share-cakes-could-help-stop-unfair-us-elections

--This is an incredibly stupid and asinine idea (totally
aside from it being a complicated process unfair to third-parties).
It will simply cause both parties to cooperatively make 100% sure all
their representatives are elected for life and undefeatable.
That is called "bipartisan gerrymandering," is a disaster for democracy,
and is a substantial part of (probably the majority of) all gerrymandeirng
in the USA right now. They of course went for lots of press hype I guess to try
to get their idea enacted so they could ruin the country forever now
with the imprimatur of "science."

Of course "bipartisan" and "third part" are two strings that occur
nowhere in their paper.
Not even mentioned even once.

The irresponsibility.

--
Warren D. Smith
http://RangeVoting.org <-- add your endorsement (by clicking

NoIRV

Dec 10, 2017, 12:42:13 PM12/10/17
to The Center for Election Science
If this turned out to be written by an UnfairVote affiliate then I would completely understand.