Anti-approval opinion piece on Independent Institute blog, The Beacon

Ted Stern

Aug 2, 2016, 1:55:40 PM8/2/16
to electio...@googlegroups.com

Steve Cobb

Aug 3, 2016, 10:57:13 AM8/3/16
to The Center for Election Science
If you're going to comment directly on the article, please do it politely. As a fellow libertarian, and pretty aligned with him, I'll contact him directly.

Toby Pereira

Aug 3, 2016, 11:56:05 AM8/3/16
to The Center for Election Science
It's a pretty poor article though. He doesn't engage with the subject matter at all. He's basically saying that all reform (including voting) is useless unless it involves making the government smaller and making everything about money and contracts. He doesn't argue for any of this though.

Warren D Smith

Aug 3, 2016, 12:05:00 PM8/3/16
to electio...@googlegroups.com
http://rangevoting.org/ForLibs.html
is perhaps of some use

On 8/3/16, 'Toby Pereira' via The Center for Election Science
> --

Warren D. Smith
http://RangeVoting.org <-- add your endorsement (by clicking
"endorse" as 1st step)

Toby Pereira

Aug 8, 2016, 1:09:20 PM8/8/16
to The Center for Election Science
Interestingly, shortly after this discussion and completely unconnected, someone pointed me in the direction of this video about libertarianism - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR-F0O6Pyt8

Steve Cobb

Aug 9, 2016, 9:11:25 AM8/9/16
to The Center for Election Science
The "What about the roads?" question is a good way to make libertarians laugh. I prefer Ronald Coase's response to "What about the lighthouses?"