Australian Conservative Party platform

Clay Shentrup

Jun 16, 2016, 5:31:03 PM6/16/16
to The Center for Election Science
Democratic Reform Policies

Elections:

Policy #1 — Preferential Voting Abolished
Abolish Preferential voting, it is anti-democratic, systemically corrupt, and produces an all-but unbreakable duopoly of major political parties that blocks genuine political competition and destroys democracy.

Policy #2 — Approval Voting Introduced
Introduce Approval voting as Australia's new voting system. It is simple, easy to use and understand, and has impeccable democratic integrity, dating back to ancient Sparta in the 7th century BC.

Policy #3 — Compulsory Voting Abolished
Abolish compulsory voting and give Australia's most politically disinterested and uninformed citizens the option to vote voluntarily.

Clay Shentrup

Jun 16, 2016, 5:31:25 PM6/16/16
to The Center for Election Science

Toby Pereira

Jun 17, 2016, 5:26:16 AM6/17/16
to The Center for Election Science
This is really good, although when I saw the name of the party I assumed they were a big party. But the main "conservative" party in the Australia is the Liberal Party - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Party_of_Australia This party on the other hand is very small - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Conservative_Party

But it's good that parties, however small, are paying attention to this sort of thing.

Clay Shentrup

Jun 19, 2016, 11:26:22 PM6/19/16
to The Center for Election Science