Shoot somebody on 5th avenue and still get the votes?

Warren D Smith

Oct 13, 2016, 10:14:12 PM10/13/16
to electionscience
Trump once boasted if he shot somebody in full daylight on 5th aveue he;d
still get the votes.

There are now at least 9 women who have come forward
claiming Trump assaulted them, confirming the boasts
he made on a video.
He's refused to release his taxes.
His charity was shut down by NY State for improprieties.
He's known to have lied under penalty of perjury
about his mob connections.
He's got by far the worst fact-checking
lie-record of any major candidate in the history of
fact checking, with
71% false+mostlyFalse+pantsOnFire ratings at politifact.
He's got nutty conspiracy theories up the wazoo, starting with
his "birther" conspiracy.
His charity, forbidden by law from ever
making a political contribution, made two to the attorney
generals in Florida and Texas near in time to them
dropping state investigations of "Trump University."
He's been involved in over 1500 lawsuits, probably
over 3000.
He's got zero military or government experience.
He's suffered some of the largest bankruptcies in history.

This is absolutely appallingly bad.

And now here is my prediction. My prediction is
the USA's plurality voting system is so bad,
so strategy-dominated,
and so predictable in its badness, that despite all
of that:
Trump will get more votes than every candidate
(besides Clinton) combined (unless he quits the race).

Jill Stein and Gary Johnson have as far as I know
no allegations of corruption against them,
no bankruptcies, no massive lawsuit history,
no refusal to release taxes, no massive numbers of accusers
of sex misconduct against them, etc, and GJ has
considerably more government experience than Trump
(and comparable commercial experience)
and even JS is arguably more experienced.

Still, I hereby publicly predict that they and
every other "third" candidate, put together, still will
not get as many votes as Trump will get.

What does it take?

--
Warren D. Smith
http://RangeVoting.org <-- add your endorsement (by clicking