Talk on Embedded Supercomputing for Hobbyists

Electronics Club IITB

Apr 10, 2015, 4:30:54 AM4/10/15
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Greetings to all enthusiasts!

Due to the inevitable 'trickle-down' effect of Moore's law; we are seeing a steady increase in the complexity of many electronics systems around us. Even a hobbyist using an embedded platform for various projects, can leverage more and more computational horsepower.

However, the real question is: How can a hobbyist get the most benefit out of this advancement? Of course, one general aspect is to increase the complexity in terms of peripherals, or algorithms. But as it turns out, it is essential to first rephrase/rethink their problem in terms of a newer way of design. And this is not only for the sake of their immediate projects, but also to stay architecturally coherent with where the future may likely be heading. We will discuss some details of how a beginner in this field, can get started with their first steps.

We will discuss and compare a few of the available embedded platforms, ranging all the way from multi-core CPUs and FPGAs, up to massively parallel GPUs. We will also discuss some project ideas which these can be used for. These range from simple speech-driven systems, to automated robotics, image recognition, aided by machine learning.. all the way up to an Artificial Intelligence!

The speaker, Prashant Sohani, is an IITB alumni and was the manager of the Electronics Club. He is currently working at NVIDIA.

Speaker: Prashant Sohani
Venue: LC01
Date: 11th April (Saturday)
TIme: 7 pm.

Deepak Goyadi

Apr 11, 2015, 9:36:47 AM4/11/15
to elec...@googlegroups.com
REMINDER!! session is going to start soon

Atish Aloor

Apr 13, 2015, 12:34:45 PM4/13/15
to elec...@googlegroups.com, elec...@googlegroups.com
PFA: Slides for the session.
Was an excellent talk by Prashant. Thank you very much for spending your valuable time with us.
elecpptx.pptx