ITSP 2015 brainstorming

Atish Aloor

Mar 13, 2015, 3:14:03 PM3/13/15
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Also
random idea: something to harness energy from our random motion. On the lines of making it small so that it can be embedded in clothing.

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 6:57 PM, Chirag Shetty <chirag...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have met some people in the institute who've worked on such problems. We can actually have a GD on this. Solution to this problem is something most of us have thought about at some point or the other while travelling.

Coming to ideas: How about wireless? Radio, walkie talkie? Will involve some analog electronics, but worth having some such projects. Or may be something more application based like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYICH2IBB6Y

On 10 March 2015 at 16:36, Anaykumar Joshi <anaykum...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone have any benchmark to compare the cost spent on traffic lighting compared to the investment in solutions to optimise traffic lighting (such as the one mentioned by Pradyot) ?

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Pradyot Prakash <pp2...@gmail.com> wrote:
About the traffic lights, I read up somewhere that in some countries they use electromagnetic sensors planted beneath the roads to check the traffic density on the roads. Basically it's something like an induction coil and the field strength depends on the amount of metal(cars) above the sensor.

I am not sure if this has been implemented in India. Even if it has been implemented, traffic lights actually function in a handful of cities.

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 1:06 AM, Atish Aloor <aloor...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good find Prashant!

Let's use this thread for random brainstorming fo ITSP.
Anyone with ideas about making intelligent traffic monitoring and management systems?
(present traffic lights don't take into account the varying congestion of intersecting roads)

On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 10:46:42 AM UTC+5:30, Prashant wrote:
Could be useful for applications requiring one or more lightweight (yet programmable) remote sensor modules, within close range. Like a parking vision field for cars; or an automated light/temperature control system for a room; also possibly interfaced with an Android application.

Let the ITSP brainstorming begin :D

Regards,
Prashant

Regards,