Fwd: Arduino :: LCD related Help

Mohit Sharma

Dec 8, 2014, 12:21:20 AM12/8/14
to elec...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone
I've been trying to hook up my J204A 16x2 display with my Arduino (tried this with Arduino Uno as well as Arduino Mega). Here's how I have hooked it up (link). I just replaced the resistor with a potentiometer (Can't find that link right away). I used the first standard "Hello World" example but the screen doesn't display anything. It just lights up and stays lit up. I've tried turning the entire thing around to go to the 16 terminals on the other side. I've tried changing arduinos (Uno to Mega). I've also now changed my laptop for uploading stuff to an older Windows 7 machine (was using Windows 8 but to no avail).

Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Thanks!
Mohit

Mensun Lakhemaru

Dec 8, 2014, 2:17:05 AM12/8/14
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohit,

Please verify tight connection otherwise, LCD always get these problems.Also you might not need the potentiometer for the contrast. Connect the contrast pin in the GND. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mensun

Yash Sanghvi

Dec 8, 2014, 7:48:21 AM12/8/14
to elec...@googlegroups.com
I think you need to connect the potentiometer to the contrast pin of LCD. After connecting the pot, adjust it to notice that letters in LCD will be visible only at a particular setting.
Connecting the contrast pin to GND or VCC won't help. Hope this helps.

Regards
Yash Sanghvi