Electronics club Project : Building a function generator

pranav sankhe

May 12, 2016, 6:00:56 AM5/12/16
to Electronics Club IITB

Yo junta!!

We planning to build a Laptop controlled function generator board, which we will use in our Electrified sessions. Also after having our own function generator there will no needs to be dependent on the heavy duty function generator for small projects and tinkering.

We would like enthu people to join us for the project. This is the first club project initiative for this year! Being a part of the community, we would be glad if you can join us and help out! It will be a fun tech summer project!

So, in this project we will use a chip called AD9834. Its a DDS (Direct Digital synthesis) chip. This is the chip which will help us generate sine, square and triangular waveforms. Now, to interface between the chip n our laptops we will be using microcontrollers . Since AD9834 uses SPI for interfacing we need to choose the microcontroller accordingly. For embedded programming we will be using AVR (Atmel studio).

So juntaa, do join us, lots of new exciting stuff to be learned . It will be fun , TP , and a great community bonding! Hoping to see you all there !

We need brainstorming on exactly how are going to proceed for this project. here are some docs for reference .

May the force be with us :D

Pranav Sankhe
Electronics Club Convener,
Electrical Engineering Department,
IIT Bombay.

Ajinkya Gorad

May 12, 2016, 9:11:07 AM5/12/16
to Electronics Club IITB
Yo,
I have some of the parts(free samples) for the Function Generator which were ordered in winters under WEL.
also here are the docs referenced by them.

-Ajinkya Gorad