Fwd: Innovision: Internship opportunity

Atish Aloor

May 21, 2015, 3:13:03 PM5/21/15
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Greetings from Innovision,

We are a startup incubated at SINE (IIT Bombay Incubator) looking for C programmers and product engineers.

Today, there are 40 million Blind in the world and their literacy rate is below 10% - significantly lower than that for the sighted. The major reason for this is the lack of information available to them in Braille.

We are developing an electronic braille display for the blind which converts any kind of printed document or digital document into braille and displays it on a tactile display thereby improving their education and employment opportunities.

This will enable them to surf the web, read books, use email, chat and read newspapers, all of it in Braille.

We invite you to join us in the development of our braille display - BrailleME - first of it's kind low cost device.

This is a great opportunity for you to work on live Hardware product development and get hands on experience in C programming, embedded systems design, 3D printing, Laser cutting, CAD modelling, electronics and PCB design. While learning these tools, make your contribution for a greater cause of Blind education and see a project go from a proof of concept to market-ready product.

Applications are invited at all levels - Beginner - Pro - Expert   (PAID)

Do what you love. Give what you can.

If interested in the project,
Contact:
Shyam Shah