Fwd: [Tata Center] Healthcare Related projects at IITB

Amaldev

Apr 26, 2014, 4:11:06 AM4/26/14
to elec...@googlegroups.com, roboti...@googlegroups.com, Ankita Pasad, Rahul Prajapati, Krishnakant Saboo, Apurv Mittal
Hi,

As some of you might be knowing there is a Tata Center(funded by the Tata Group) coming up on campus very soon. This center would be focused on tackling real life problems pertaining to Health care issues(India specific) and developing real products to be deployed on the market. So its an end to end game, right from coming up with the idea to the level of taking the finished product out in the market(Not just quitting at the prototyping phase). They are also on the process of setting up a rapid prototyping/fabrication lab on campus soon which would cater to the prototyping needs of the students working on these products.

If any of you have an idea and want to pursue on it in the biomed/healthcare domain please do write back. (Funding for the projects are a not problem as long as the committee feels the idea and team is good enough to take the project through)

Following link contains around 50 projects (sourced from various doctors) regarding their requirements/ideas on real life projects. If any one of you is free during the summer and would like to work on these projects please do mention your  name(+team members) and contact details in the appropriate columns in the following link and drop in a mail too.
http://tinyurl.com/healthcare-projects-IITB

If you want to propose a new idea in the domain, please do it add it towards the end in the same document(A separate section is there).

Feel free to drop in mails(or reply back in this thread) in case of any doubts or queries.

PS: This is only for IITB students :)

Regards
Amaldev.V
Research Assistant
Wadhwani Electronics Lab
Vision and Image Processing Lab
IIT Bombay
Ph No. +919820481964
website | linkedin

Shaunak Das

Apr 27, 2014, 3:55:07 AM4/27/14
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amaldev,

I am an IITB Alumni working on a Healthcare startup myself and have subscribed to Robotics Club group. So I got your mail and was going through your ideas list. Nice initiative and all the best!

However I just wanted to inform you that many of ideas floated in the Google spreadsheet are already implemented in the market. Deloitte recently had a competition on Healthcare Startups. I am attaching the descriptions of Healthcare startups covered by that report.

Anyways it is really nice that ITB students are working on something that could be implemented in market straightaway. Kudos!!

Shaunak Das
BTech, Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay
Solution Integrator, Ericsson
Working on technologies to bring Doctors and patients closer.
InclusiveIndianInnovationsfinalv2.pdf

Amaldev

Apr 27, 2014, 3:19:29 PM4/27/14
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Dear Shaunak,

Thank you for your inputs. Yes I know a couple of them which are already out there in the market. Price of the products is also an issue. Anyways the teams would have to go through a detailed field/market study and the current tech available(their pros and cons) before starting on actually building a prototype... Thank you for pointing that out... :)

@All
I have been getting a few mails from some of you asking whether they can take up the projects after the summer vacations(due to internships).  Yes you can take it up after the vacations also. But please do drop me a mail if you have preferences for a project that you want to work on afterwards.