Tinkerers' Lab phase 2 inaugurated

Ashima Mittal

Mar 20, 2014, 1:59:56 PM3/20/14
to roboti...@googlegroups.com, elec...@googlegroups.com, wncc...@googlegroups.com, aeromode...@googlegroups.com, mnp-cl...@googlegroups.com, krit...@googlegroups.com
Dear all

The second phase of Tinkerers' lab was inaugurated on 19 March by Dr. R. Chidambaram, Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government Of India in presence of Director, Deans, Faculty and Alumni. The lab is situated at the end of infinite corridor near the Mech Dept. The lab is fully funded by the alumni batch of 1975.

The new lab contains heavy mechanical machines such as Lathe, Drilling, Milling, CNC, 3D printer etc. It has the latest workstations, tools, computers and provides an enabling environment for all the tech enthusiasts. It is fully equipped with everything you need to tinker and explore. The lab is a major step towards promoting innovation in the institute.

We would like to thank SINE and WEL Lab for their immense support in setting up the Tinkerers' lab. You all are cordially invited to visit the facility and also start with your own project. Please let us know beforehand.

Link to Tinkerers' lab website: http://stab-iitb.org/tinkerers-lab/

Pictures of inauguration are available here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.767437286602551.1073741856.140784162601203&type=1

The design of the Tinkerers' Lab TShirt is attached. We will be soon sending a form, if you want to order one.

Regards,
STAB Team 2013-14
tinkerers lab.jpg