Affordable Data Acquisition System

Anaykumar Joshi

Mar 11, 2015, 5:22:31 AM3/11/15
to elec...@googlegroups.com

DAQ solutions from National Instruments cost quite a bit. Just came across this relatively affordable DAQ solution from LabJack. There’s also Arduino with Labview. Anyone aware of inexpensive, good alternate DAQ solutions?

Amaldev

Mar 11, 2015, 6:57:03 AM3/11/15
to elec...@googlegroups.com

--
Amaldev.V
Research Assistant

On 11 March 2015 at 14:27, Anaykumar Joshi <anaykum...@gmail.com> wrote:

DAQ solutions from National Instruments cost quite a bit. Just came across this relatively affordable DAQ solution from LabJack. There’s also Arduino with Labview. Anyone aware of inexpensive, good alternate DAQ solutions?

Vinayak G P

Mar 11, 2015, 12:28:57 PM3/11/15
to elec...@googlegroups.com
http://expeyes.in/  - for simple purposes. not sure how badly it fares when compared to ni daq.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Anaykumar Joshi <anaykum...@gmail.com> wrote:

DAQ solutions from National Instruments cost quite a bit. Just came across this relatively affordable DAQ solution from LabJack. There’s also Arduino with Labview. Anyone aware of inexpensive, good alternate DAQ solutions?

Regards,
Vinayak G P
Institute RA,
Electrical Department,
IIT Bombay.

Anaykumar Joshi

Mar 12, 2015, 4:31:33 AM3/12/15
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Nano does have a micro SD card for waveform storage, but I doubt whether it can stream data to a parent computer. It's a handy device to own anyways.

Building a custom DAQ solution can be a potential ITSP project I think. The custom DAQ can be standardised with the IITB community around it. Can stretch it a bit to become a HIL (Hardware In Loop) setup.

Saket Choudhary

Mar 12, 2015, 5:03:37 AM3/12/15
to Elec-Club Group
On 11 March 2015 at 22:26, Anaykumar Joshi <anaykum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nano does have a micro SD card for waveform storage, but I doubt whether it
> can stream data to a parent computer. It's a handy device to own anyways.
>
> Building a custom DAQ solution can be a potential ITSP project I think. The
> custom DAQ can be standardised with the IITB community around it. Can
> stretch it a bit to become a HIL (Hardware In Loop) setup.

I am aware of at least one such project(more oriented towards the
software side, but probably hardware too):
https://github.com/gnu-sandhi

It might make sense to check with the FOSSEE team, before someone
starts everything from scratch.

Mahidhar Nyayapati

Mar 17, 2015, 3:57:16 AM3/17/15
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Digilent Electronics Explorer Board and other digilent boards are cheaper and better