Electronics club project : Building a function generator

pranav sankhe

May 12, 2016, 6:00:56 AM5/12/16
to Electronics Club IITB

Yo junta!!

We planning to build a Laptop controlled function generator board, which we will use in our Electrified sessions. Also after having our own function generator there will no needs to be dependent on the heavy duty function generator for small projects and tinkering.

We would like enthu people to join us for the project. This is the first club project initiative for this year! Being a part of the community, we would be glad if you can join us and help out! It will be a fun tech summer project!

So, in this project we will be using a chip called AD9834. Its a DDS (Direct Digital synthesis) chip. This is the chip which will help us generate sine, square and triangular waveforms. To interface between the chip n our laptops we will use microcontrollers which is apt for SPI communication protocol since AD9834 uses SPI for interfacing (communication) .

We would like enthu people to join us :D. It will be fun , TP , and a great community bonding! Hoping to see you all there !

We need brainstorming on exactly how are going to proceed for this project. here are some docs for reference .

May the force be with us :D

-Pranav Sankhe,
Electronics club Convener,
Electrical enginnering department,
IIT Bombay.

Dhrumil Shah

May 14, 2016, 8:22:06 AM5/14/16
to elec...@googlegroups.com
Would like to know when are we going to do it

Dhrumil Shah
Chemical Engineering Department,
IIT Bombay