Re: [eiffel-users] why is deferred feature not made effective?

Alexander Kogtenkov

Oct 12, 2018, 1:32:10 AM10/12/18
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
It's difficult to tell what's going on from the current description of the issue.

It would help if there is a simple example (without too many dependencies on different sources, not requiring configuration, not depending on platforms, etc.) to reproduce the issue.

Alexander Kogtenkov

Четверг, 11 октября 2018, 15:05 +03:00 от gerrit.leder <gerrit...@gmail.com>:

Hello all,

I am trying to compile test_extension.ecf with "void_safety=none".

There I included library Eiffel-Loop from github, which changed its interface.

Now ec complains about.

Error code: VCCH(1)

Error: class has deferred feature(s), but is not declared as deferred.
What to do: make feature(s) effective, or include `deferred' before
  `class' in Class_header.

Class: PF_HP_1_0_APP
Deferred feature: default_make From: EL_COMMAND_LINE_SUB_APPLICATION

This is my {PF_HP_1_0_APP}.default_make:

feature -- creation

default_make: PROCEDURE
--effective creation
  do
    create make
  end

Why does VCCH(1) not disappear?

Thank you in advance!

Larry Rix

Oct 12, 2018, 11:50:54 AM10/12/18
to Eiffel Users
Hi Gerrit,

Eiffel Loop library is not void safe. Compiling libraries that are designed to be used in a void safe project do not play nice with non-void safe libraries.

I would like to see the EL library made void safe. There is lots of good material in that set of libraries. However, until it is void-safe, I cannot use it and do not attempt to mix it in.

The test extension library was designed to just allow a bridge class. It might be okay for me to create a test_extension_unsafe for you to use, but I will have to experiment with that to see how it turns out.

I will defer to Alex on the ec error and deferred feature.

Gerrit Leder

Oct 12, 2018, 11:56:28 AM10/12/18
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com, lar...@moonshotsoftware.com

Hi Larry,

the ec error is ok, finnian gives me a Hand.

Testing_extension_unsafe would be great as I am still struggling to integrate the test Bridge class.

Thank you in Advance!

Gerrit

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Larry Rix

Oct 12, 2018, 12:21:35 PM10/12/18
to gerrit...@gmail.com, eiffel...@googlegroups.com
I have a chore for this afternoon. I will see what I can do this evening.

Gerrit Leder

Oct 12, 2018, 1:00:47 PM10/12/18
to Larry Rix, eiffel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot!

Larry Rix

Oct 12, 2018, 4:14:50 PM10/12/18
to Eiffel Users
Turns out my chore was rescheduled for this evening, so it might be tomorrow.

Gerrit Leder

Oct 13, 2018, 5:35:22 AM10/13/18
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com, lar...@moonshotsoftware.com
That's ok with me.