Wrong description of {MEMORY}.objects_instance_of_type

Rosivaldo Fernandes Alves

Apr 23, 2021, 11:33:13 AM4/23/21
to Eiffel Users
The class MEMORY has the following features:

objects_instance_of (an_object: ANY): SPECIAL [ANY]
-- Objects that have same dynamic type as `an_object'.
do
Result := objects_instance_of_type (an_object.generating_type.type_id)
ensure
instance_free: class
end

objects_instance_of_type (a_type_id: INTEGER): SPECIAL [ANY]
-- Objects that have same dynamic type as `an_object'.
do
Result := find_instance_of (a_type_id, special_any_dynamic_type)
ensure
instance_free: class
end

The description of objects_instance_of_type seems to have been copied &
pasted from objects_instance_of, which rendered objects_instance_of_type
description wrong.

--
Rosivaldo.
OpenPGP_0x1317CD3C14C9456E.asc

Richard

Apr 24, 2021, 7:06:28 PM4/24/21
to Eiffel Users
Sounds to me worth a problem report at https://support.eiffel.com/

Ulrich Windl

Apr 26, 2021, 7:25:10 AM4/26/21
to eiffel...@googlegroups.com
>>> Rosivaldo Fernandes Alves <rosiva...@gmail.com> schrieb am 23.04.2021 um
17:33 in Nachricht <94b179e2-67d0-5bef...@gmail.com>:
Considering that "`variable`" is akind of standard notation in Eiffel, I wonder why tools cannot automatically check and warn...
(if the variable mentioned does not exist)

Regards,
Ulrich