Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Bernd Schoeller bernd.schoeller@gmail.com [eiffel_software]

no leída,
8 sept 2015, 16:59:598/9/15
a eiffel_...@yahoogroups.com,bernd.s...@gmail.com

Hi -

I am planning to use EiffelStudio on OpenBSD, and was wondering about
the status of these builds.

OpenBSD had a major ABI change between 5.4 and 5.5 (they change the
format of time_t from 'long' to 'long long'). Unfortunately, this breaks
all binaries that were compiled for an earlier version.

Which version was used to compile the OpenBSD packages? Or do I need to
use the PorterPackage? Any current hints on bootstrapping it for myself
(I had compiled to with OpenBSD long time ago, but probably forgot most
of the steps required)?

Bernd

------------------------------------
Posted by: Bernd Schoeller <bernd.s...@gmail.com>
------------------------------------

Eiffel Software
http://www.eiffel.com
Customer support: http://support.eiffel.com
User group: http://groups.eiffel.com/join

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
eiffel_soft...@yahoogroups.com
eiffel_softwar...@yahoogroups.com

eiffel_softwa...@yahoogroups.com

'Emmanuel Stapf' manus@eiffel.com [eiffel_software]

no leída,
8 sept 2015, 17:00:098/9/15
a eiffel_...@yahoogroups.com,bernd.s...@gmail.com

We are still compiling against OpenBSD 4.8 for higher backward compatibility. If really EiffelStudio does not work under 5.5, I would recommend recompiling it yourself.

Although not documented, once you have extracted the PorterPackage, do the following:

./compile_exes openbsd-x86-64
./make_images openbsd-x86-64

and you end up with a delivery of EiffelStudio ready to be used in the current working directory.

Regards,
Manu

PS: make sure you have installed the development versions of GTK, Xtst.
------------------------------------
Posted by: "Emmanuel Stapf" <ma...@eiffel.com>

ri...@oddlyaccurate.com

no leída,
20 ene 2019, 15:35:5920/1/19
a Eiffel Users
Are there any updates planned to the build process to support newer OpenBSD versions? estudio fails to run with loader errors in OpenBSD 6.4.

Bernd Schoeller

no leída,
20 ene 2019, 17:00:4620/1/19
a eiffel...@googlegroups.com
On 20/01/2019 18:54, ri...@oddlyaccurate.com wrote:
> Are there any updates planned to the build process to support newer OpenBSD versions? estudio fails to run with loader errors in OpenBSD 6.4.

Hi Rick,

Some time ago, I tried getting it to run on OpenBSD a few years ago. My
experiences are described in

https://www.eiffel.org/blog/schoelle/porting_eiffelstudio_to_openbsd_again

Now, the main blocker at that time was that the porter package (the
package containing pre-compiled EiffelStudio source code which normally
makes porting to a new platform easy) required the use of ftime, which
has been removed from OpenBSD (when they dropped libcompat).

Now, I am not sure if the porter package still requires 'ftime'. Things
might have improved, considering it is a deprecated API. I had submitted
a patch to remove it, but at that time it was still required by Windows.

You might want to take the path that I have described in the article
above. Beware that even after I got ES to run, there were still some
open issues; for example the debugger crashed on me.

Bernd
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar